Friday, April 30, 2010

Alphabetical Movie Marathon - H & I

Hangover - I was not thrilled about having to go and see this movie in the theater and was I ever wrong! I love this film. It's very clever and much like 40 Year Old Virgin, it's a guy flick with a heart. Yes, actual emotions are shown and it's a great example of the relationships guy friends have. Very much enjoyed and didn't hesitate to add to the library.

Hope Floats - Thank God for Speed 2 or this movie wouldn't exist. This has always been one of my favorite films. And while I wouldn't say that I'm a huge Sandra Bullock fan, she really is a driving force to making great movies. I wish she'd do more producing. And Harry Connick Jr. is so sexy and nice and smart. The scene at the end where the dad drives away and the daughter is left screaming at the end of the sidewalk. . . ugh, can't even finish that sentence. So emotional for me. Sniff. Moving on.

Henry V - Mmmm, the rightous anger of the tennis ball scene. Gotta love it. I'm not big into the war scenes in this film but as a whole, I do enjoy it. Makes me feel smart to see it on the shelf next to silliness like Mystic Pizza.

Into The Woods - Sondheim genious strikes again. I don't need to go on and on about this musical but it's really clever and quick and challenging. Like all of Sondheim's work.

Immortal Beloved - Wonderful and intense. And Isabella Rosellini, the most beatiful actress ever! The Ode To Joy scene at the end is just so . . . I don't even know what word to use. Another wonder artist at work film.

No comments:

Post a Comment