Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Alphabetical Movie Marathon - D

Dangerous Liaisons - I think this is the coolest costume drama ever made. The sheer vengeance factor will blow you away to say nothing of the costumes, the sets, makeup, music and the joy of seeing John Malkovich and Glenn Close throw daggers at each other. Unfortunately, you've got to sit through a few scenes with Keanu Reeves trying to act his way out of a paper bag with a pair of scissors but it's worth it to get to Michelle Pfeiffer. A good film to watch when you're really really pissed at someone.

Dead Again - Full disclosure: I'm a huge Kenneth Brannagh fan. So the fact that I love this movie shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. I kinda believe in the possibility of reincarnation so I'm very willing to just go along with the plot, which is pretty complicated. Just love the scenes with Robin Williams "Fcukin' knife her, man. Do her before she does you!" And the clothes. Good low key thriller for the person who doesn't like horror movies.

Desperately Seeking Susan - Isn't it amazing how fashions come full circle? I saw shoulder pads in the mall the other day. This is the ultimate fantasy for every uptight housewife - follow a cool girl, get amnesia, accidentally steal her identity, find a great guy and fall in love with him. And Aidan Quinn? Hello. I'd sleep on his floor anytime. Great clothes, great music. A good movie for when you're missing the 80's.

Devil Wears Prada - Another great fashiom movie. And who doesn't love Anne Hathaway? I don't have much to say about this movie. I got it for free left over at our bar from an event that we arrived after. Fun to watch when you're in the sassy fashion mood, though.



No comments:

Post a Comment