Monday, August 17, 2009

Alphabetical Movie Marathon B5

Braveheart - I used to love this movie. Then Mel Gibson went crazy and became a hypocrite. Just cannot enjoy it so much anymore. I will say that I love how dirty this movie is. There is mud and rain and dirty faces everywhere. And not the kind of dirty faces created by the costume department. But, yeah, then good ol' Mel went and preached the uber-Catholicism but somehow thought it was OK to divorce his wife for a new young chippy so, I just can't enjoy his work now. Maybe someday, like Whitney Houston, he'll find a middle ground and come back to us. Oh, but I forgot about Angus Macfadyen. Hmmm. He's really yummy. Maybe I'll just fast forward to his scenes.

Bridget Jones's Diary - Colin Firth and Hugh Grant - what more could a girl want? This film is so fun to watch. I'll bet I've seen it at least 25 times. The non-skinny, single girl who says and does stupid things . . . wait. . . that's me! Well, I never slept with my boss (and never really wanted to since most of them were either women or gay) but the other stuff is pretty close. I love thinking that I someday may be with a man as good looking, successful and socially conscious as Mark Darcy. I also hope to someday quit my job in such a glorious fashion. Someday a lovely man will say to me "I like you, very much. Just as you are." Not thinner, not cleverer, with slightly bigger breasts and a slightly smaller nose. And the Jane Austen tie-in is just too good to resist. I wonder how much of the current blogging trend is attributable to Bridget's diary.

Some choice quotes:
"Every time I see you, you seem to go out of your
way to make me feel like a complete idiot. And you really needn't
bother. I already look like an idiot most of the time anyway."

"After all, it's only a diary. Everyone knows that diaries are just full of crap."

"F*ck me, I love Keats."

"I will not be defeated by an bad man and an American stick insect. Instead, I choose Vodka. And Chaka Kahn."


No comments:

Post a Comment