Friday, August 21, 2009

Alphabetical Movie Marathon B6

Buffy, The Vampire Slayer - This is a little Season One preview disk that I got for free. It only contains Episodes 1 & 2. I'm not sure why I don't own the whole series. It's so fabulous. I love that Buffy is such a strong female character who doesn't have to surrender her feminity to be so. She's blond and skinny and sexy but also strong, smart and courageous. And has great fashion sense and good friends behind her. We should all be so lucky. And David Boreanaz is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, in my opinion.

Bull Durham - Best sports movie ever. Bar none. And the thing that sets it apart is that it has nothing to do with winning. It's about the relationships built through the love of baseball and the search for life meaning in the sport. And Susan Sarandon is amazing. A goddess! And I don't use that term lightly, my friends. She is the woman we all aspire to be. Uber sexy, in control, wise, gorgeous and not afraid to ask for what she wants. (Susan herself and her character, just to be clear.) I'm really starting to see a theme here in the strong female character category.

No comments:

Post a Comment