Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Crunch Time

So, yeah, I think the unemployment just ran out. Hard to tell sometimes since the website isn't really specific. I had to click on the "Apply For Benefits" button and enter all my information again on Monday. When I looked yesterday, there was the same message there usually is about when I can again request my payment so I guess we'll see next week if that button works. I may have to break down and ask L if I can work in the customer service call center he does. But the drive and the low pay! I'm not sure I can handle that for too long. The U Bookstore called again for the fall rush. That pays OK and it is really relaxing and fun. Nice to be around so many young people who aren't weighed down by the realities of the working (or non working) world.

I cancelled the gym membership today. Am thinking about getting rid of the text messaging option on my phone if they'll let me. May downgrade the cable and/or the Netflix although I really do need entertainment right now. I'm on a strict grocery budget as I did some calculating and was spending WAY to much to feed myself. The same as a family of 4 in some cases. Oh well, no more rotisserie chicken or Red Bull. I'm shopping to recipes specifically now and only on Saturdays. Although I did break the rules today and buy a cinnamon roll at the convenience store when I bought my Powerball ticket. Fingers crossed! $186 Million could really help right now. Even if half of it would go to taxes. I could live with that. I know I shouldn't spend the dollar but the hope of winning is worth it for the few hours between buying the ticket and hearing the numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment