Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Job Offer in the Works and Another Interview

So, yeah, I think I have a job now. Unfortunately it's at one of my old employers as a contractor again. I'm not crazy about that but it's better than nothing. It's a 2 year contract which is cool and the interview was with two rather cool chicks that I'll be working with. I'm excited to get back into the land of the living again. I'm not excited about no insurance, no vacation, no holiday pay and all that not being rewarded the way my co-workers are being rewarded but hey, beggars can't be choosers. It's a mixed blessing. I also just sent in my loan-modification paperwork so I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen now. It's unfortunate that I waited so long in that any changes they would have made would have been permanent but . . .

I also had an interview today, which I think went well. It pays better than the contractor job, is permanent and includes benefits. In talking with my placement guy, he said I should accept the contractor job and then I can always quit when I find out about this one. Of course, I'll be taking this one if I get an offer for it. It's just better and I'll always chose the devil I don't know, cuz that's just me. As I told a friend who was offered a job by her old employer after being laid off, going back to an old employer is like going back to a boyfriend who broke up with you and then wants you back. There's just a lot of hard feelings and bad history there.

No comments:

Post a Comment